What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are a permanent solution for missing teeth that restore your smile while protecting your health. The unique benefits and high success rate of dental implants are owed to the process of osseointegration, in which your implant fixture fuses directly with your jawbone.
This allows your jaw to manipulate your restoration as if it were a natural tooth, restoring full functionality to your bite. It also ensures your new tooth remains anchored securely in place.
The Parts of a Dental Implant
A dental implant consists of three parts:
- Implant Fixture — The implant fixture is a durable titanium post that’s placed directly in your jaw to replace a natural tooth root. It acts as strong support for your final restoration.
- Abutment — The abutment is a small connecting piece that holds your restoration together and increases stability. It also allows your replacement tooth to sit properly on top of your gum line.
- Restoration — The final piece of a dental implant is your choice of restoration. We offer a few choices at our practice for your convenience, all of which are custom-designed to match the appearance of your natural teeth.
Restorative Options at Dentistry of Nashville
- Crowns — For patients missing a single tooth, we can restore your smile with a stunning porcelain crown. Our crowns are highly durable and customized to blend in with your smile.
- Bridges — If you’re missing more than one tooth, a dental bridge can be cheaper than placing multiple crowns. Implant-supported bridges are far more stable and effective than traditional bridges, which rely on neighboring teeth for support.
- Dentures — For patients missing a full arch, implant-supported dentures can provide you with a whole new set of teeth. Unlike traditional dentures, these won’t slide out of place and you can comfortably chew all your favorite foods.
Visit Dentistry of Nashville for Dental Implants
If you need to replace missing teeth, there’s no better option than dental implants. Whether you’re missing one tooth, several teeth, or a full arch, our experienced dental team will develop a treatment plan to produce the beautiful smile you’re looking for.
Contact our practice today and schedule a consultation with one of our doctors — it’s the first step to your new smile.
Schedule Your Consultation Now!
Contact Dentistry Of Nashville
At Dentistry of Nashville, we strive to provide the best personalized treatment possible. Our dedicated dentist, Dr. Fleming, and skilled staff have advanced training and remain at the forefront of modern dentistry by continuing education. Our Nashville dental practice invests in the highest quality technology with the goal of providing the best results for our patients.